End-User S/MIME Certificate Request
You will need an Access Code before you can request an S/MIME cerificate.This Access Code will be provided to you by your S/MIME Departmental Registration Authority Organization/Officer (S/MIME DRAO).
- With your Access Code, go to the InCommon Certificate Manager enrollment page ( https://cert-manager.com/customer/InCommon/smime?action=enroll)
- Enter the access code your S/MIME DRAO would have provisioned. Enter your legal name in the appropriate fields, and enter your University e-mail address, e.g. email@example.com.
- Note: If your official e-mail address changes, you will need to request a new Client certificate.
- Create a pass-phrase for your request and enter it in the appropriate fields. This pass-phrase can be used to revoke your client certificate and to request a new one. Do not forget this pass-phrase. Use a password management tool or save the pass-phrase in a secure location.
- Click Submit. You will receive a validation e-mail message from "Certificate Manager" support at cert-manager.com. Follow the link in the e-mail to complete your request.
- On the "Account Validation" form, for the PIN, create a strong pass-phrase. This pass-phrase is used to encrypt your Client certificate and you will need it to install your certificate. Do not forget this passphrase. If need be, use a password management tool or save the passphrase in a secure location.
- The e-mail address listed on the form cannot be changed. The address listed should be part of your certificate.
- Click Submit, but do not close the web page. The InCommon Certificate Manager will process your request and then display a download button on the page. It may take a minute or longer for the request to be processed and the download button to appear; when it does, click the button to download the certificate.
Note: If you are unable to download the certificate or cannot remember your encryption pass-phrase, contact your S/MIME DRAO or the ITS Help Desk: 384-4357.
To install and use your certificate, follow the appropriate directions for your email client: